Please note that the DMV can book up very quickly, especially during high-volume seasons like the summer and during spring break. You should schedule your driving test as far in advance as possible. If you fail your driving test, you must wait two weeks before you can take it again. You have three chances to pass. When you pass, the DMV will issue you an interim license that’s valid for 90 days. Your new photo driver license will arrive in the mail. Until then, always have your interim license with you when you drive.
Articles in this section
- California Teen Drivers Ed License Checklist
- How do I get my license?
- What do I bring to the DMV for my license?
- How do I schedule my driving test?
- How do I prepare for my driving test?
- What if I fail my driving test?
- What is Secondary Review?
- Are AB 60 permits and licenses recognized by the state of California?
- What is AB 60?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT