No, our program does not expire! Even if you turn 18 in the middle of the process, you can continue with the licensing process under Parent Taught Drivers Ed. We only recommend that you continue as an adult under Parent Taught if you already have your permit for at least 6 months and are done with all of your teen requirements. If you turn 18 and have not gotten a permit or have had it for less than 6 months, we recommend switching to the Adult Drivers Ed course in order to get your license faster.
Articles in this section
- What is the license checklist?
- Does the program expire?
- How long is the course?
- Does this course include the state-approved DPS written test?
- What happens if I fail a level assessment?
- I have already begun my course, but I am being prompted to enter my Texas PTDE Program Guide Packet Information.
- What is the concurrent method?
- What if I fail the DPS written test?
- When do I get to take my DPS written / permit test?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT