You have two different options when it comes to completing the practical portion of your drivers ed - your behind the wheel hours. You can read over the options below to decide which is best for you! Option 1:
- If you are looking to enroll in a driving school, you will need to complete 6 hours with your driving instructor, and an additional 40 hours of supervised driving with a licensed driver over 21. 6 of those hours must be at night.
- You will not need to complete any logs or records of your behind the wheel hours, however the adult who accompanies you to get your license will need to sign an affidavit confirming that you’ve completed them.
- Not interested in a driving school? You can use the state’s 40-hour Parent/Teen Driving Guide. This resource is free to download and provides suggestions for in-car lessons to prepare you to take the Road Skills Test.
- Download the guide attached to the bottom of this article.
- Even though it is called a Parent/Teen Driving Guide, you can complete those behind the wheel hours with any licensed driver over the age of 21!