- You must complete 55 hours, 10 of which are at night, with your parent instructor(s). You will need to log those hours in our Behind-the-Wheel Instruction Log. We also provide a curriculum you can use as a lesson plan for your driving lessons. This is called the Behind-the-Wheel Curriculum, and you can find it here.
- You must carry your permit with you at all times while doing behind-the-wheel instruction or practice.
- Be properly registered and display a valid license plate.
- Must comply with vehicle equipment and safety standards, including but not limited to being equipped with seatbelts.
- Must comply with vehicle liability requirements of Oklahoma’s compulsory insurance law. Current proof-of-insurance must be carried in the vehicle at all times.
- May be equipped with a 2nd rearview mirror for use by parent performing instruction. Department recommends use of 2nd rearview mirror by the parent.
Your permit also carries its own restrictions, whether completing behind-the-wheel instruction or driving practice:
- You may only have 2 parent instructors and not more than 2 students in the vehicle with you while driving.
- You must be accompanied by a licensed adult over the age of 21, who has held their license for at least 2 years.
- You may only drive between the hours of 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Upon completion of all 55 hours of driving, you will need to scan your Aceable Oklahoma driving log (2 pages) and email it to our Customer Experience team at: email@example.com
Once we have received your driving log, we will verify and process your certificate of completion within 1-2 business days!