What do I bring to the Licensing Office to get my permit?

You can find the complete list of accepted Identity documents required when you apply for your permit or drivers license here. Here's the rest of what you'll need: 

  • 1 Primary ID
    • Ex: Original Certified Birth Certificate, Unexpired Passport (can be used for both primary and secondary document)
  • 1 Secondary ID
    • Ex: School photo ID, Social Security Card
  • Social security number
  • Documentation showing you meet the current enrollment or attendance requirements in a secondary or vocational technical school and that you have successfully passed the criterion - referenced reading test required for all eighth grade students (usually referred to as the school letter)
    • All forms provided by schools must be typed and each signature block must have original signature
  • At least one parent or legal guardian listed on the PTDE Affidavit must be present
  • Approved affidavit from Service Oklahoma
  • Any documents showing legal name change
  • Aceable Drivers Ed payment receipt (emailed to the student post-purchase)
  • $42.50 in cash or check to be paid at Tag Agency. This covers both the permit and license fee, but is paid when receiving the permit
Was this article helpful?
20 out of 21 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
ðŸŸĒM/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* ðŸŸĒ Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* ðŸŸĄ Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST ðŸŸĒ CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT