No. You can take as long as you need to finish up. Even if you turn 18 in the middle of the process, you can still complete the instructor-taught driver's ed program - you just need to renew your permit on your 18th birthday at the DPS in order to be able to get your license under instructor taught drivers ed still.
Articles in this section
- How much of my course can I complete in a day?
- What do I do if I’m locked out of the course?
- Why do I have to answer identity security questions?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
- What happens if I fail a level assessment?
- What if I fail the DPS written test?
- Does the program expire?
- How long is the course?
- What happens if I fail an identity security question in the course?
- When do I receive my certificates?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Looking for Account Help? Troubleshooting? Billing Help?
Check out our Account Help section for help with feature navigation and troubleshooting, and our Subscriptions, Payments, Refunds & Referrals section for all billing needs.
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 T/Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!