No. Absolutely not! When you have your permit, you are only allowed to drive if there is a licensed adult 21 years old or older with you in the car. There are no restrictions on what hours you may drive during the day or night, but you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the late hours of the night.
Articles in this section
- When can I start driving with someone?
- Can I drive alone with a permit?
- How do I complete the required behind-the-wheel driving hours?
- Behind-the-Wheel Practice Driving Log (DL-91B)
- Behind-the-Wheel In-Car Observation Driving Log (DL-91B)
- Where can I find the Behind-the-Wheel Instruction Driver Education Affidavit (DL-90B)?
- What if I want to do my driving hours with a driving school?
- Do I need to complete Aceable first before doing my driving hours?
- How does my parent know what to teach in the car?
- What is the Driving Manager?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Looking for Account Help? Troubleshooting? Billing Help?
Check out our Account Help section for help with feature navigation and troubleshooting, and our Subscriptions, Payments, Refunds & Referrals section for all billing needs.
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 T/Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!