You'll take the state-approved DPS written test at the end of Level 1 (the first six hours of the course). This means that you won’t need to take the Written Knowledge Test at the DPS. The test consists of 30 multiple-choice questions. You’ll have one hour to complete the test and you must score at least 70% or better (at least 21 out of 30 questions correct) in order to pass. If you fail, you can take the test again 24 hours later. There is no limit on how many times you can take the written test and you don’t have to pay again to take it more than once.
Articles in this section
- What is the license checklist?
- Does the program expire?
- How long is the course?
- Does this course include the state-approved DPS written test?
- What happens if I fail a level assessment?
- I have already begun my course, but I am being prompted to enter my Texas PTDE Program Guide Packet Information.
- What is the concurrent method?
- What if I fail the DPS written test?
- When do I get to take my DPS written / permit test?
- What happens if I fail the final exam?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT