Who can I complete my behind the wheel hours with?

Your behind the wheel hours can be completed with any licensed driver over the age of 21! When you visit the CSC to get your license, your parent, guardian, or responsible adult will need sign a Driving Experience Affidavit (DDS-7) affirming that the applicant has a minimum of 40 hours of driving experience, 6 hours of which must be at night. Teens without the required 40 hours will not be able to take their Road Skills Test. If your parent or guardian can’t accompany you to the CSC, you will need to have a Responsible Adult take you and sign a Responsible Adult Affidavit. Along with signing the affidavit, they will need to bring:

  1. Their state-issued ID
  2. Paperwork to show your relationship. Examples include:
    • School Documents
    • Tax Information
    • Military Documents
    • Driver’s License, permit, or ID card
    • Employee ID if you are signing the application as the responsible adult and you are an employee of the agency that has custody of that minor - for example, a social worker or employee of a homeless shelter.

Who qualifies as a Responsible Adult? Click here to read more about who can take you to get your license!  

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 3 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟒M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟒 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟑 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST πŸ›‘ Sunday: Closed πŸ›‘*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟒 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT