What do I bring to the DDS to get my permit?

  1. The state of Georgia offers a fantastic resource that allows you to find out what documents you need to bring with you when you go to the CSC to get your permit/license. It will list all of the different options and combinations of documents and even show pictures of them! Check it out here.
  2. Don’t want to leave this page? Here is the checklist of what you need to get your permit!
    1. $10 to be paid by cash, check, money order, or debit/credit card
    2. Certificate of School Enrollment (DS-1) signed within the last 30 days
      • If not enrolled in school, must provide a high school diploma, GED, special diploma, certification of high school completion, or proof of enrollment in a GED program or post-secondary school.
      • If homeschooled, you’ll need to bring a Declaration of Intent, which can be found here.
    3. Secure ID Documents
      • An original document to prove who you are (birth certificate or passport)
      • Your social security card
      • 2 things to prove where you live
        • Example: Bank statement, gas, light, or water bill.

Special Circumstances: 

  • If your name is not the same as your birth name, please bring a legal document with your name changed on it.
  • Immigration documents
    • If you have recently immigrated to the US, or are not a U.S. citizen, click here for more information about applying for a GA license.
    • Note: All documents must be in English!


Was this article helpful?
7 out of 7 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟒M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟒 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟑 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST πŸ›‘ Sunday: Closed πŸ›‘*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟒 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT