When filling out your profile information, make sure to fill it out with your legal information. That means no nicknames, no fake addresses, etc! If there is a red X, it means that you either left it blank, did not select an answer, or you typed your information in the wrong format. If you need to change your profile information, check out this section. We'll go through each section of the profile that you may encounter.
- Email address - make sure to put down an email that is correct. For certain courses, the state allows us to email certificates. You'll need a valid email address in order to receive it in your email.
- Phone number - put down a real phone number that we or the state can reach you at. Some states require the phone number to be printed on your certificate or filed with the state.
- First name - use your legal first name! This is going to appear on your certificate.
- Middle initial - this is optional. If you have a middle name, please use the first letter of your middle name.
- Last name - use your legal last name! This is going to appear on your certificate. That means that if you have a hyphenated last name or more than one last name, you'll need to type the whole thing out.
- Gender - we respect all forms of gender expression, but because it is a state ID, they will only accept the options of male or female.
- Birthday - if you're on the website, type it in the format of MM/DD/YYYY (example: 01/01/2001) or click on the calendar. If you're on the app, you can select the month, the day, and the year.
For defensive driving and traffic school, put down the address listed on your most recent driver license. For courses that mail certificates, we will ask for a shipping address later on so you can put a different address if needed.
- Street - type in the street number and the name of the street.
- Apartment - if you live in an apartment, this is your unit number. If you live in a house, leave this blank.
- City - this is the city associated with the address.
- State - this is the state associated with the address.
- Zip Code - this is a five-digit number at the end of your address.
Additional Information (Drivers Ed)
- How Found - how did you find out about us?
- High School - for teen drivers ed only. Where do you go to high school?
- Driving School Name and Address - for Texas Instructor Taught Drivers Ed only. A driving school name and address is required on your certificate so that you can transfer from our online course to that driving school after completing the course.
- Last 5 Digits of SSN - for Florida TLSAE only. This is required by the state so that we can file your information with the DMV. If you do not have a Social Security Number, please contact our Customer Experience Team to give us the last 4 digits of your Alien Registration Number or Non-Alien Registration Number.
Additional Information (Defensive Driving/Traffic School)
- Driver License Number - it generally has 8 characters (Texas uses 8 numbers, California uses 1 letter followed by 7 numbers)
- Your License Type - for California Traffic School only. This is the "class" of your license.
- Reason For Taking Course - if you are dismissing or masking a ticket with a court, select "Ticket Dismissal". If you only need it for an insurance discount or for other purposes, select "Insurance Discount / Other".
- Ticket Issued County - select the county that your court is located in. This will allow you to select a court next.
- Ticket Issued Court - now that you've selected the county, you will be able to see which courts are available within that county. Start by typing in the name of your court. If it starts with "City of", leave that out and you will find the name of your court. Example: to find City of Austin Municipal Court, simply type in "Austin Municipal Court".