Want to get your Massachusetts driver’s license? Aceable’s Massachusetts Permit Test Prep
can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Massachusetts written knowledge exam.
Important: This is NOT
a state-approved course and will not fulfill the drivers ed requirement for Massachusetts applicants under age 18. Minors must take a licensed course consisting of 30 classroom hours and 18 in-car hours. Aceable’s Massachusetts Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
HOW TO GET YOUR MASSACHUSETTS DRIVER’S LICENSE (AGES 16-17)
- Enroll in a state-approved drivers ed course at your high school or commercial driving school. It should include 30 hours of classroom instruction and 18 hours of in-car instruction (12 hours behind the wheel and 6 hours of observation).
- When you’re at least 16, take a vision test and 25-question knowledge test at your local RMV (Registry of Motor Vehicles). You’ll need to bring an original document proving your date of birth, Social Security card, and a permit application signed by your parent or guardian. Find examples of acceptable documents here.
- Receive your Learner’s Permit at your RMV full service office. The fee is $30.
- Carry your Learner’s Permit while you get behind-the-wheel practice with your parent or other licensed adult who is 21 or older.
- Pass the behind-the-wheel driving test and pay the RMV fee ($35) to get your Junior Operator License. You must be at least 16½. Contact the RMV office by phone or online beforehand to schedule an appointment. Remember to bring your “sponsor” (driving supervisor) and a registered, inspected, and insured vehicle.
- Curfews and passenger restrictions placed on your Junior Operator License will be removed when you turn 18. At that point, you have full driving privileges. Congrats!
HOW TO GET YOUR MASSACHUSETTS DRIVER’S LICENSE (AGE 18 AND UP)
- Pass a vision test and knowledge test at your local RMV office. Bring original documents showing your date of birth, signature, Social Security number, and Massachusetts residency. Find examples of acceptable documents here. You’ll also have to pay a $30 fee to the RMV.
- Carry your Class D Permit while you practice driving under the supervision of a licensed adult.
- Pass a driving skills test to get your driver license. Freedom!