If you’re under 18 years old and have held your probationary license for less than 12 months, you cannot drive between midnight and 6am unless you’re accompanied by a parent or guardian. If you’re under 18 years old and have held your probationary license for 12 months or longer, you cannot drive between 1am and 5am unless you’re accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Articles in this section
- What if I fail my driving test?
- How do I schedule my driving test?
- How do I get my license?
- As a teen, what restrictions do I have when I have a license?
- I have my license but I need to drive during the restricted hours without a parent/guardian. How do I do that?
- What do I bring to the BMV for my license?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT