What if I want to get a permit?

If you finish the course and aren’t ready to take your driving test, you can still get a permit to practice driving. If you’re 18-20 years, you don’t need to submit a Certificate of Completion of Adult Drivers Ed (however, you’ll need the certificate when you apply for a license). Instead, you’ll present the proper identification documents, pass the vision and written tests, and pay a $20 permit fee. Your permit will be valid for one year. You can practice with an adult who is at least 21 years old, has a license for the type of vehicle you’re driving, and has at least one year of driving experience. You may not be required to pay an additional fee if you receive your license before your permit expires.
Was this article helpful?
18 out of 24 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT