Selecting the driving school where you’ll do behind-the-wheel instruction is a huge decision, and it’s important that you do your research beforehand. We suggest doing a quick Google search, such as “driving school + your zip code or city“. Some things you should keep in mind are: Cost – 14 hours of instruction at a state-approved driving school could cost anywhere from $200 to upwards of $400. Location – How far is the driving school from where you live and go to school? How convenient is it for you to get to and from the driving school? How will you get there? Schedule – Available instruction hours at driving schools vary and certain seasons are busier than others (such as summer). Does the class schedule work for you and your parents? Reviews and ratings – What have other people said about the driving school you’re looking at? If the school has consistently received positive reviews and high ratings, maybe it’s a good idea to consider taking lessons there. Bad reviews from previous students and parents may mean you should continue your search.
Articles in this section
- How do I find the best driving school for me?
- Instructor Taught Drivers Ed 30 Hour Driving Practice Log
- Do I need to complete Aceable first before doing my driving hours?
- Can I drive alone with a permit?
- When can I start driving with someone?
- What if I want to do all of my driving hours with my parent?
- Do I have to do my 14 hours with the driving school before my 30 hours with an adult?
- How do I know what to do for my 30 hours outside of driving school?
- Where can I find a driving school?
- How many behind-the-wheel hours do I need?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Looking for Account Help? Troubleshooting? Billing Help?
Check out our Account Help section for help with feature navigation and troubleshooting, and our Subscriptions, Payments, Refunds & Referrals section for all billing needs.
Our support operating hours:
M/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* . . . . . . . . . . T/Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST*. . . . . . . . . . . . . Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST. . . . . . . Sunday: Closed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST. . . . CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!