You’ll need to wait until you are 18. When you turn 18, your junior license will automatically turn into a senior license. You don’t need to go back to the Driver License Office to get anything changed unless you want a license that doesn’t say JR anymore. Even though it says JR, if you’re 18, it will be treated as a senior license by anyone who asks to look at it. Your license expires 4 years later on the day after your birthday. Your expiration date on your junior license is the same even when it becomes a senior license on your 18th birthday.
Articles in this section
- What if I don't meet the conditions for a senior license?
- What are the restrictions on a junior license?
- How do I get a senior license?
- What if I fail my driving test?
- Can I take my driving test somewhere else besides at PennDOT?
- What should I expect during my driving test?
- How do I schedule my driving test?
- What do I need to bring to PennDOT to get my junior license?
- How do I get my junior license?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Looking for Account Help? Troubleshooting? Billing Help?
Check out our Account Help section for help with feature navigation and troubleshooting, and our Subscriptions, Payments, Refunds & Referrals section for all billing needs.
Our support operating hours:
M/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* . . . . . . . . . . T/Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST*. . . . . . . . . . . . . Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST. . . . . . . Sunday: Closed . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST. . . . CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!