What do I bring to the DDS to get my driver license?

The state of Georgia offers a fantastic resource that allows you to find out what documents you need to bring with you when you go to the DDS to get your license. It will list all of the different options and combinations of documents and even show pictures of them! You can find the Build-Your-Own-Checklist here. Don’t want to leave this page? Here is the checklist of what you need to get your permit! You will need to be accompanied by a parent, guardian, responsible adult, or Authorized Driver Training Instructor. They will need to bring their ID and sign the application.   Here’s what else you need to bring with you:
  1. $10 cash
  2. Aceable Certificate (if under 17)
  3. If applicable, certificate of completion from the school where you completed your 6 BTW hours
  4. At the testing center, the parent/guardian or responsible adult will sign a verification that the student completed 40 hours of supervised driving (16 & 17 year olds)
  5. Certificate of School Enrollment (DS-1) signed within the last 30 days
    • If not enrolled in school, must provide a high school diploma, GED, special diploma, certification of high school completion, or proof of enrollment in a GED program or post-secondary school.
  6. Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program (ADAP/eADAP) Certificate
Was this article helpful?
23 out of 26 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟒M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟒 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟑 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST πŸ›‘ Sunday: Closed πŸ›‘*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟒 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT