Want to get your Oregon driver license? Aceable’s Oregon Permit Test Prep
can help you ace the permit exam. This drivers ed course will teach you the rules of the road whenever and wherever you want. You’ll get 20 levels of interactive lessons and unlimited practice tests designed to prepare you for the Oregon written knowledge exam.
Important: Drivers ed is NOT
a requirement for getting an Oregon driver license. Minor applicants have the option of taking an ODOT-approved drivers ed course in order to reduce the number of required driving practice hours from 100 to 50. Aceable’s Oregon Permit Test Prep is a mobile study aid. It’s the perfect course for busy adults and a great study tool for teens.
HOW TO GET YOUR OREGON DRIVER LICENSE (AGES 15-17)
- Head to your local DMV office. Bring a Driver License Application signed by your parent or guardian and proof of the following: school enrollment or completion, legal presence in the U.S., Oregon residency, identity, and Social Security number. Find examples of appropriate documents here.
- Pass the vision test and written knowledge test to get your Instruction Permit.
- Carry your permit for 6 months while you get 100 hours of behind-the-wheel practice with a supervisor who is 21 or older and has been licensed for at least 3 years. If you choose to take an ODOT-approved traffic safety education course, you only need to get 50 hours of behind-the-wheel practice.
- When you’re at least 16, you may take a driving skills test to get a Provisional License.
- You can get full driving privileges once you’ve held your Provisional License for a year or when you turn 18, whichever comes first. Congrats!
HOW TO GET YOUR OREGON DRIVER LICENSE (AGE 18 AND UP)
- Head to your local DMV office. Bring your driver license application and documents to prove your legal presence in the U.S., Oregon residency, identity, and Social Security number. Find examples of acceptable documents here.
- Take a vision test and written knowledge test to get your Instruction Permit. There will be a fee of $23.50.
- Practice driving under the supervision of a licensed adult.
- Pass the DMV’s driving test to get your driver license. Freedom!