Please complete these steps immediately:
- Make sure you have an eligible parent instructor before ordering the PTDE program guide.
- Order the PTDE program guide ASAP from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
- When you receive the program guide, hang on to it for three days.
- After three days, let us know by emailing us to update your Permit Certificate date. This is done to ensure that the date printed on your Permit Certificate is after the date you received the PTDE program guide.
- If you have also received a License Certificate, we will make a note to issue a new date on that certificate 13 days from the issue date for your updated Permit Certificate. This is because it is a state requirement that a student cannot finish the course in less than 16 days. Your certificate dates will meet their requirement.