I am moving away from Texas. What do I do?

If you have a Texas permit and are moving to another state, you will need to go to the DMV in your new state to exchange your Texas permit for that state's permit. Ask the DMV official there how to get a license and they will guide you on your next steps. It is different in every state! If you got your license in Texas, you can simply exchange it for that state's license. Check your state's DMV website to see what items and documents they require you to bring. You will likely have to take a written exam, vision exam, and driving test as well.
Was this article helpful?
4 out of 9 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Looking for Account Help? Troubleshooting? Billing Help?
Check out our Account Help section for help with feature navigation and troubleshooting, and our Subscriptions, Payments, Refunds & Referrals section for all billing needs.
Our support operating hours:
ðŸŸĒM/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* ðŸŸĒ T/Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* ðŸŸĄ Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST ðŸŸĒ CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!