If you have a Texas permit and are moving to another state, you will need to go to the DMV in your new state to exchange your Texas permit for that state's permit. Ask the DMV official there how to get a license and they will guide you on your next steps. It is different in every state! If you got your license in Texas, you can simply exchange it for that state's license. Check your state's DMV website to see what items and documents they require you to bring. You will likely have to take a written exam, vision exam, and driving test as well.
Articles in this section
- Texas PTDE License Checklist
- How do I fill out the forms for my license?
- I'm missing my License Certificate. Where is it?
- I am moving away from Texas. What do I do?
- How do I get a hardship license?
- Do my Aceable certificates expire?
- When can I get my license?
- What do I bring to the DPS to get my license?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT