I have a permit from another state and just moved to Nevada. What do I do?

If you just moved to Nevada, you’ll be able to switch your out-of-state permit or license with a Nevada permit or license as long as you can show proof that you completed drivers ed in the state you came from.
  1. Complete the Affidavit of Completion of Out-of-State Driver Education Course (Form DP-289) and present it to the DMV along with these documents.
  2. Pass the written and vision tests at the DMV!
  3. Complete 50 hours of behind-the-wheel practice and log with the Beginning Driver Experience Log or from the RoadReady app.
  4. Once you are done with everything and have had your Nevada permit for at least 6 months and are at least 16, head to the DMV to take your driving test. You’ll want to bring these items.
Was this article helpful?
9 out of 17 found this helpful

Articles in this section

Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT