No, you are not required to complete those hours in a certain order. You can do your 30 hours with any licensed driver above the age of 21 with at least 1 year of experience before starting your 14 hours with your driving school. Currently, there is no state requirement in place that specifies this!
Articles in this section
- How do I find the best driving school for me?
- Instructor Taught Drivers Ed 30 Hour Driving Practice Log
- Do I need to complete Aceable first before doing my driving hours?
- Can I drive alone with a permit?
- When can I start driving with someone?
- What if I want to do all of my driving hours with my parent?
- Do I have to do my 14 hours with the driving school before my 30 hours with an adult?
- How do I know what to do for my 30 hours outside of driving school?
- Where can I find a driving school?
- How many behind-the-wheel hours do I need?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT