The Parent Taught Drivers Ed (PTDE) program guide packet contains forms that you'll fill out and submit to your local DPS office when you get your permit and license, and the DPS will also ask to see your PTDE program guide receipt (only if you ordered the program guide on or after November 14, 2016). You won’t be able to get your permit or license without the program guide, so it’s important that you order and receive it from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) before starting your Aceable Parent Taught course.
Articles in this section
- What is the Parent Taught Drivers Ed (PTDE) program guide packet?
- Do I need to get the PTDE program guide before starting the course?
- Who can be a parent instructor?
- What happens if I don’t have an eligible parent instructor?
- How do I order the PTDE program guide? When will I receive it?
- Where can I Find my Program Guide Receipt Number?
- How do I change my official parent instructor?
- What is the PTDE Instructor Designation Form?
- What happens if I started the course before getting the PTDE program guide?
Looking for more Certificate help?
Click to go to our Certificates section!
Ready to #BeAceable?
Click through to purchase the course that's right for you, and get on your way to being an Aceable Driver!
Our support operating hours:
🟢M/T/W/F : 8:30 AM to 5 PM CST* 🟢 Th : 8:30 AM to 3 PM CST* 🟡 Saturday : 9 AM to 12:30 PM CST 🛑 Sunday: Closed 🛑*Closed weekdays from 12 – 1 PM CST 🟢 CA Traffic Violator School Business Hours: Weekdays: 9am to 4pm PT