- Purchase Aceable's Texas Instructor Taught Drivers Ed and finish all 13 levels of the course.
- Wait for your certificates to be emailed to you. When they arrive in your inbox, head to the DPS to get your permit.
- Complete your 44 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction and practice. You are required to complete 14 hours with a professional driving school of your choice, while the other 30 hours can be completed with any licensed adult who is at least 21 years old and has at least one year of driving experience.
- Complete the Impact Texas Teen Drivers course (ITTD) on the DPS website.
- Get your license at the DPS.
Check out our 6 Steps blog post
for more detailed step-by-step directions.