- Purchase Aceable's Texas Adult Drivers Ed and finish the six-hour course and written test.
- Wait for your Certificate of Completion to arrive in your email within 24 hours of your course completion.
- Head to the DPS office to either get a permit or to schedule your driving exam.*
- Within 90 days of your driving exam, complete the free 1-hour Impact Texas Young Drivers course. Yes, even if you're 25+, you currently are required to take this.
- Head to the DPS, pass the driving exam, and get your license!
*Note: Recently, the DPS has allowed license applicants to take their driving test at an approved driving school to make the process of getting a license faster. You'll need to get a permit at the DPS before you can schedule a driving exam with a driving school. Driving schools generally charge $50 to $100 to offer this service and have greater availability in their schedules compared to the DPS, which can be booked up 3 months ahead already. Check out this list of approved schools to get an earlier driving test appointment!